Edit: I found this to be Boring and a very extremely totally
predictable storyline. As i watched the screen i realised this is
another stereotypical Barbie role, same old goody-two-shoes like in all
the rest of her outdated and strange movies.
Why are her movies strange and weird? Here's a list:
1. It's always bothered me and i wonder why does it have to be so black
and white with this girl, every-single-time, without exception? Why is
she so determined to throw herself into danger. People like the modern
reluctant hero, the flawed hero. Not this do-gooder, self obsessed,
from the 60's, who rushes forward into danger even though she may die
in the process. And within 10 minutes of watching a Barbie movie i can
easily figure the entire story out. Why is the ending so obvious.
2. People find do-gooders annoying, or suspect do-gooders of being
motivated by some other undesirable reason like "everyone look up to
me, look at my squeaky clean image, now go and buy all of my
3. Every movie is just a rehashed version of the previous one, taking
on all of the world's problems, same old I'm so nice, I'm so kind
ambitious yet irritating woman, taking center stage.
4. But just how inspired should we be by fictional women who alienate
others. Character flaws in movies are admirable, because as human
beings we are flawed and audiences love learning about it, but not
5. I don't understand why they don't modern up, move with the times,
look at what other people are doing, like Frozen, Shrek, How To Train
Your Dragon, and look at all the success they are having.
6. I noticed in the papers Barbie sales are plummeting, what is Mattel
doing wrong, according to them: nothing, we are perfect! It's not that
i myself or the people around me are tired of Barbie being a princesses
it's the stories are garbage. Using friendship/ discovering her true
self/ Blah-Blah-Blah Whatever, Barbie defeats all before her and wins.
7. With this movie Barbie Spy Squad there was no inner turmoil or
conflict. I could not find a single reason why I should like any of the
characters, and I didn't. Flat, one-dimensional, don't people have
hobbies,strengths, weaknesses, likes, dislikes, a personality.
8. Okay, kids like pets. I get it. But every single movie. Really?
Isn't it time to move on? So tired of seeing some animal crawl on stage
to be greeted with gasps of delight and " You're so adorable, You're so
cute, You're so cool."
9. I could not find anything new or innovative here, with the gadgets,
Headquarters, laborotories, British boss, etc,it borrows heavily from
old stuff like James Bond Spy Kids Totally Spies etc
10. I didn't know the girls had superpowers, but all the way through
they perform better than any world class gymnast could even dream
11. And finally we have Patricia who decides to become a team player at
the last minute and give up her life of crime Unbelievable.
12. Barbie needs to step up and change, also hire a decent writer who
can craft a story.
13. This doesn't feel like a story to me, very artificial,fake, wrong.
It's like they took Shoes, Dresses, Make Up, (like they do every single
time) and everything else they thought girls could possibly like and
built a story around it. It's too much relying on pandering and very
little talent. Too clichéd also, trite, all this Cool! Wow! Totally!
Excellent! No one really talks like that.
14. All Barbie movies are the same, just a different career or
backdrop, that's why no one is interested in them, why would they when
the other studios are producing way better stuff. Our kids would much
rather buy a PlayStation game than any Barbie merchandise.
15. In the last movie Barbie went on a hunt to find treasure > treasure
found> story ends.
17. This movie Barbie wants to catch a diamond thief > thief gets
caught>story ends. So bland and predictable.