(Slight spoiler alert)
There are too many flaws in this movie to list. But I'll try:
- The crash scene of the Nissan Pathfinder was very obviously not the same car. Solution: Use the same wheels at least.
- The police used VT Commodores and BA Falcons that Gold Coast police stopped using at least four years ago. Solution: hire FG falcons and VF Commodores, order some magnetic police graphics to stick on the hire cars.
- Peter was shifting that automatic Getz too much. Solution: get a manual to cause a more 'dramatic' or 'rushed' effect.
- Australian Federal Police do not drive Mitsubishi Challengers. Solution: hire a VF senator or caprice.
- Pistols are much harder to own in Australia, the owners are required to attend a certain amount of meetings each year (depending on the state) and far less people own pistols than rifles and shotguns. Solution: let people have shotguns and lever action rifles. (Yes I know criminals can get their hands on pistols easier but the old lady? I mean come on).
- An XA GT coupe in fully restored condition should not have an overheating problem while traveling over 60 kph in weather cooler than 27°C. Solution: have it run out of fuel instead.
- Dropping a shotgun with the stock removed could never cause it to discharge a shell. Any type of gun is completely safe as long as that trigger is not pulled (there are some extreme circumstances but a 500 mm drop is not on of them). Solution: Have Peter kill the man accidentally.
- There is absolutely no way that Ford Mustang (even though it was a 351) could beat an assumed Harley Davidson v-twin. Solution: have the motorcyclists have obstacles to navigate or have the mustang go off road a bit to shake them off.
As you can see there are flaws, to me they are big flaws. There may be some errors in my findings but none as bad as this movie. There are more holes in the story but too insignificant for me to be bothered listing them.
It surprised me that Drive Hard made it past the revision board. It is hard to believe that this movie had a $12 million budget.
All in all, this movie is not worth watching and I do not like it. Great theory but the execution was terrible.
Action / Comedy / Crime
Action / Comedy / Crime
A former race car driver turned driver's training instructor (Jane) is abducted by a mysterious thief (Cusack) and forced to be the wheel-man for a crime that puts both in the sights of the cops and the mob and leads them all on a chase across Australia's Gold Coast.
Uploaded By: OTTO
Downloaded 70,344 times
November 07, 2014 at 01:28 PM