Where to start with this movie. There are so many unbelievable premises
I don't even know where to start. Conspiracy theorists will love this
movie. Everyone else will just constantly find themselves saying
." & "You've got to be kidding me
" Let's just cover some of
the premises we are asked to believe:
1. There is a Super-Super Computer (called Aria) designed to recognize threats to national security by monitoring every cell phone, computer, video camera, and radio frequency in the world. All by itself. Stupid evil Patriot Act.
2. Aria can make high tension power transmission lines overload and snap exactly where she needs to just so the wire can fall and kill someone that disobeyed her (Aria has a female voice).
3.Aria has decided that the President and his entire cabinet must be eliminated because they didn't listen to her advice on a missile strike in the Middle East, and thus must be a significant threat to the national security of the United States. Pres and his cabinet must be Republicans.
4. Aria can read lips and follow conversations just by observing the vibrations of the conversation on the surface of a cup of coffee.
5. Aria can hack into any security camera, cell phone, airport metal detector, remote controlled crane, etc. on a moment's notice and take control of them. Totally anonymously.
6. Aria can control anything and everything electronic in the world, but can't overcome some internal programming that prevents her from accomplishing her mission.
7. There is a newly discovered crystal that when properly triggered, a 1 carrot diamond sized piece of this crystal will demolish the Capitol building.
8. It seems we have remotely piloted vehicles (RPV) that look just like a Predator RPV sitting around the U.S. on military bases fully loaded with missiles and machine guns just waiting for a demented Super-Super Computer to take control of them.
9. Apparently it takes about 4 days to get to D.C. from the Midwest by passenger train. No wonder Amtrack is always in trouble...
10. If you slow your metabolism enough, you can survive a ride in the un-pressurized bay of a military transport aircraft.
11. A single missile strike in the Middle East triggers the 'real' Jihad world wide and threatens the U.S. and it's evil capitalistic interests.
12. If you dress like a cop, you can waltz into the Capitol building when the President and his entire staff are there and Congress is in session. With a sidearm. Oh, and there is a secret access tunnel under the Capitol.
13. The rest of the world has to pass through 20 layers of heavy security to get to Aria's secret level of the Pentagon. But, if you know the right computer, you can get direct access to Aria's level via a service elevator that is nowhere near any security.
It just goes on, and on, and on through the entire movie. Jeez I couldn't wait for it to be over and boy was I glad when it was! Uhg. Nothing in the movie was believable. I thought Vantage Point was a bad movie this was worse. Wait for the DVD.
Action / Mystery / Thriller
Action / Mystery / Thriller
Jerry Shaw is an amiable slacker with an over-achieving twin brother. After his twin dies in an accident, strange things happen to Jerry at a dizzying pace: a fortune shows up in his bank account, weapons are delivered to his flat, and a voice on his cell phone tells him the police are on their way. Jerry follows the voice's instructions, and soon he and a woman he's never met are racing through the city, on to a plane, and eventually to the Pentagon, chased by the FBI. She is Rachel Holloman, a single mom; the voice has threatened her son's death if she doesn't cooperate. The voice seems to know everything. Who is behind it, what is being planned, and why Jerry and Rachel?
Uploaded By: OTTO
Downloaded 105,401 times
September 10, 2011 at 01:13 AM