Here I have ten good reasons why you might want to see this movie.
1) If you want to see members of the police break the law, assault suspects and any one else they feel like just to get answers to questions and get away with it.
2) If you want to see someone who looks and talks like a fifteen year old kid taking out a room full of 15 stone 6ft 4in Serbian gangsters on his own without getting a scratch.
3) If you want to see a fat, bald, middle aged policeman having sex with a girl his daughters age.
4) If you want to see a policeman almost kill a superior officer and nothing is done about it.
5) If you want to see talent like Damien Lewis wasting his time in this role.
6} If you want to see total disregard for authority and the law that they carry on pursuing and killing the villains even after they have orders from the top to cease all operations.
7) If you want to see the direct ripped off cut and pasted version of the bank heist shoot out from Michael Mann's Heat transposed to Trafalgar Square.
8) If you want to see police officers living in places merchant bankers would struggle to pay for.
9) If you want to finally appreciate how good John Thaw and Dennis waterman were as Regan and Carter.
10) If you want to hear the line "I want your gun and your badge". Nick Love was obviously watching Dirty Harry on video when he wrote this line into the script.
Those are the ten reasons someone might possibly want to watch this excuse for a movie but only if you are male, over 40, still living with your parents, on benefits, have no girlfriend, no job and collect DVD box sets for a hobby. I am none of those things but I didn't have the benefit of reading this review before I watched it. So if you still want to watch it after reading this then you maybe need to evaluate your life.
One reason why you certainly wont want to see this movie
1) All 10 reasons above (and a dozen more besides but I don't have the time or the word limit).
Don't waste your money or your time on this like I did, you will walk away feeling very empty inside.
Action / Crime / Drama
Action / Crime / Drama
Jack Regan is a slobbish, old style cop whose unsubtle methods usually get results, to the annoyance of internal affairs officer Lewis, who would be even more annoyed if he knew that Regan was having an affair with his young wife, policewoman Nancy. After Regan disobeys orders and a shoot-out in central London following a bank hold-up ends in carnage, he is stripped of office and briefly imprisoned. However, thanks to the loyalty of his young protege George Carter and a little string pulling from his superior Frank Haskins, Regan is released to bring down the villains in a gun battle at Gravesend marina, ensuring the continued existence of his department - the Sweeney.
Uploaded By: OTTO
Downloaded 72,335 times
March 05, 2013 at 10:47 AM